The Countdown Is On: The Color Run




Christmas is over and 2015 is right around the corner. I've done some thinking and I realized that I don't really have a New Years Resolution (I still have a few days to think of one). Though I still have some time for that, I got thinking of the things I want to accomplish this up coming year. I feel like I always have to think of my future and I have some things obviously planned but I really wanted to step out of my comfort zone. 

While reading fellow blog FitSugar, I came across their post for the Color Run. If you don't already know, the Color Run is considered the "happiest 5k on the planet" as they splash all these fun colored corn starch everywhere while running and even after the run post finish line. To me, it looks like a party and if there's a party, I'm there.

I've never been much of a runner, hell, I'm far from in shape. I've been looking for ways to get in shape and the idea of running always appealed to me. I thought this would be the perfect excuse to start running and really get in shape. Not only would I be working towards my personal fitness goals, I would be working towards the ultimate finish line. 

I'm going to begin with an 8-week training schedule running for 30 minutes a day. Eventually I'll be able to run the full 30 minutes after the plan has completed. I'm praying to every higher power out there that I can keep up with the schedule and not give up after the first week (something I'm very prone to). To keep my motivation I want to track my progress on the FitnessPal App and of course right here on my blog.

Hopefully by the end of the 8 weeks I will be a swell runner and I can bump up the workout. Of course I will try and reach my fitness goals this way so lots of healthy eating and such. I'm not sure when the color run will be in my city but it's somewhere between May and July. By then I'll be in complete training mode hopefully getting to an easy 45 minute run. I've heard the Color Run is super crowded so not much room for passing and what not. I just want to be able to complete the run not so much to make time but, to say I completed it, I've ran a marathon, and I've done it in the funnest way possible for me.

I've had a hard time setting goals and keeping them but, for me, this seems fairly reasonable. Everyone wants to get in shape in the new year and I think what better way then to find something you can enjoy and work towards it. The Color Run is perfect spending time with friends and I think that even training with friends can motivate you even more so as you can imagine, I've been calling my friends all night asking them to do this with me. I'm really hoping to complete this and I hope by writing this and sharing my thoughts publicly, I will feel obligated to you all to do this for myself. Wish me well!

If any of you plan on doing the Color Run either in your home town or New York, let me know what you're doing to prepare. If you're going in New York, I'll see you at the dance party!

-- Samantha Jo xx

Picture via tacoma.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.