Finding Treasure In Sears


Picture this... I'm in Sears (my least favorite store in the world) and I'm having the most dreadful time. If it wasn't for my mom making a return from Christmas I would be bolting the hell out of there. We are standing on line when all of the sudden my entire body starts involuntarily moving. I mean I was undoubtably swaying my entire being in the middle of Sears. I felt the need to party. I eventually  decided to give a listen to the song on in the store after a few glares and harsh comment from my mom.

Once I listened closer to the song, I found myself needing to know what it was. I turned on my Shazam app and ran over to the nearest speaker in the store. This is where I found Icona Pop's 'Light Me Up'.

Icona Pop has been, in my book, killing it this year (they've made it to my blog twice in one week). I found it interesting how they keep popping up in my favorites. I've always loved them but this year they released their debut album and I've found tons of hits on there. 'Light Me Up' caught me off guard. I had no idea who this was or even what this was and it already had me dancing, and I was hardly even paying attention. That is how I know it's a hit. It has this sort of dancing with my friends at a house party singing on the top of our lungs vibe to it. Of course leave it to Icona Pop to make another one of those hits. Also, just a side bit, our girl Tove Lo wrote the jam, so you know it's going to be catchy!

While searching for 'Light Me Up', I came across this little gem as well.


This song has copious versions but, I think I like this one best. 'My Party' has this sort of trap feel that I love and I sometimes find myself listening to it more than 'Light Me Up', the original song that brought me to it. It's another dance anthem for the house party but, this one reminds me of the moment when the party is at it's peak, you're 4 shots in, not too sloppy, and you're ready to get your party on right here right now. Either that or if you're listening close to the song, you're home alone wishing you were at the party so you turn up alone in your bedroom 'cause you couldn't partake in the festivities. Been there done both. 

Needless to say, if it wasn't for being stuck in Sears, I wouldn't have found some party music treasure. I think the songs are perfect to add to any New Years Eve playlist and even permanently on your iTunes. Of course I'm just a bit biased towards Icona Pop so, I want to know what you think. Give these two a listen and let me know in the comments which ones you like most, or if you like both, or if you hate them. Also if you've had any embarrassing moments in stores either dancing, singing or whatever, feel free to share them with me so we can revel in our self pity together.

-- Samantha Jo xx

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.